Borag Thungg* Earthlets!
We aren’t reblogging this wonderful post just because it has become very popular; unfortunately, someone decided that they could do a better job than the current tumblrdroid and removed all of the accompanying text (seen below).
This has left many people in a state of confusion and have asked what the images are and where can they get their hands on them. If the original text had not been deleted there would be no need for these questions. We at tumblrdroid central spend a great deal of time mining the Thrill-Power™archives to bring you 36 years of 2000AD history as well as upcoming Thrills. Much of this has never been seen by new readers or our cousins stateside so it shouldn’t be taken for granted that everyone is going to know what they are looking at, hence the extended details in most of our posts!
I’m a little disappointed that many of you,including the talented Mr Matt Fraction, decided not to reblog it from source as it deprived everyone of a good deal of Nemesis the Warlock history.
We at 2000AD tumblr are not just about pretty pictures (there are a million & one of those out there already, if that’s what you prefer!),we try to bring you a complete look at a seminal piece of comics history and hopefully some things you have never seen before. If you have any questions, feel free to drop into our ask page or comment after each post but please don’t remove the text from them-you don’t know what you’re missing!!
The 2000ADtumblr droid.
Betelgeusian to English dictionary:
Nemesis the Warlock Colour Collection:Deviant Edition-Pat Mills(w).Kevin O’Neill/Jesus Redondo(a).
At last,it has come-the collection reprint we’ve all been waiting for:Nemesis the Warlock Books I-III:
The World of Termight(Progs222-44,25Jul’-26Dec’81).Mills(w)/O’Neill(a).
The Alien Alliance(Progs246-57,9Jan-27Mar’82).Mills(w)/Jesus Redondo(a)
The World of Nemesis(Progs335-49,24Sep-31Dec’83)Mills(w)/O’Neill(a).
….and it’s in glorious technicolour,recoloured by series artist,Kevin O’Neill,not reprinted since,the increasingly-hard-to-find,Eagle Comics Presents…monthly for the U.S. market in the mid-’80s.
There are two editions,this one:Deviant (£30) and the slightly more expensive extras copy:Termight (£40).
If all that weren’t enough,both editions feature the extremely rare strip “Tomb of Torquemada" from Nemesis the Poster Prog(1Jan’94).Mills(w)/O’Neill(a)-sadly without the giant-sized poster-but you will not be disappointed,this magnificent hardcover collection is worthy of anyone’s prized bookshelf or a fabulous coffee table centrepiece!
- Top:Nemesis the Warlock:Deviant edition cover and frontispiece-art by Kevin O’Neill
- Termight,Earth thousands of years in the future,ruled by Tomas de Torquemada and his vicious,alien-hating Terminator troops.
- Taken from cover for Prog 230(19Sep’81)-Kevin O’Neill
- Nemesis and some of his more dangerous cohorts,including a huge invisible alien,N’Kognito,help escaped prisoners through the dimension portal,hidden beneath Torqurmada's sacrificial fire!
- Flagship of Torquemada's invasion force,the mighty Torque-Armada!-Kevin O’Neill.
- Sworn enemies,Nemesis the Warlock and Tomas de Torquemada face other in the first of what will become legendary battles..
- ..the battle rages on,no quarter given!
- Nemesis leads his troops forward,atop his hippogriff/A determined-hate-filled Terminator,Brother Baruda,attempts to escape from Arachnos,the spider-managed penal colony-art from cover (Prog252,20Feb’82) by Jesus Redondo
- Torquemada's personal bestiary of the most diabolical aliens in the galaxy,as well as the unfortunate human Terminators:Brother Googol,who has discovered he is a mandrake-half-human,half-alien and Sir Evric,who has been tricked by Nemesis,into taking the form of a male Catoblepas-one of the more grotesque looking species in the galaxy!
- Torquemada wishes everyone a goodnight-
“Don’t Have Nightmares!”